Gay Community Kenya
Sources: lgbtnet. Sources: pinknews. Current status since Aug 1, In some African countries the punishment for homosexuality is death. People in African countries are more conservative about homosexuality than in Europe. Kenya court outlaws anal exams in landmark victory for gay rights Rights groups have hailed the ruling as a "tremendous step" for gay rights in the conservative country.
New York Gay Beaches
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- LGBTI sex workers, mostly MSMs [men who have sex with men] are often asked for bribes and sexual favours by male police officers in exchange for their freedom and security.
- Khmer voacambodia. They also suffer sexual abuse from the arresting officers.
- According to the Pew Global Attitudes Project , 96 percent  of Kenyan residents believe that homosexuality is a way of life that society should not accept, which was the fifth-highest rate of non-acceptance in the 45 countries surveyed. The U.
- In a separate case, a Court of Appeal in Mombasa , Kenya, ruled on 22 March , that conducting forced anal examinations on people who are accused of same-sex relations is unconstitutional. By doing this, we are not promoting homosexuality but imparting knowledge.
- Nigerian police officer tells gays: Leave country or face prosecution. Retrieved 3 May
- Adoption is prohibited to same-sex couples.
- Predictably, the stigma caused by such regulations leads to incidents of harassment, discrimination and mob violence against LGBT people, dividing communities and families, and undermining the rule of law. Sources: africanchildforum.
- Any male person who, whether in public or private, commits any act of gross indecency with another male person, or procures another male person to commit any act of gross indecency with him, or attempts to procure the commission of any such act by any male person with himself or with another male person, whether in public or private, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for five years.
- The law that is HIV and AIDS Prevention and Control Act of expressly prohibits any discrimination towards same-sex relationships or people on the basis of their sexual orientation. The ability for MSMs men who have sex with men to donate blood or tissue for organ transplants.
- The Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya stands in solidarity with the Transgender community in Kenya and around the world.
- This time, things were different, with the court ruling that refusing to register the organization was an infringement of the constitutional rights of association for LGBT people. The difference between legal age of consent for homosexual sex and heterosexual sex.
Indeed the public gave overwhelming presentations to the Committee of Experts [on Constitutional Review] against the inclusion of same sex rights under the new constitution. Notably, they also asserted that there was no conclusive scientific consensus that homosexuality, or same-sex attraction, is innate.
I cannot go to a police station to say I am being harassed because of my sexuality. Indiewire , 6 October If this were to be allowed, it would be in direct conflict with article 45 sub article 2 of the constitution.